The bank’s general manager for Northern Queensland and Northern Territory, Tony Tapsall, says after closely monitoring the impact of the natural disaster, ANZ has “activated a financial relief package to customers in the region”.
As part of the assistance package, ANZ has offered to:
• Suspend repayments on loans, including credit cards, for up to three months (which may include interest capitalisation);
• Waive fees associated with restructuring business loans considered necessary due to cyclone impacts;
• Restructure finances or applying for new home or personal loans without incurring the usual application fees;
• Provide temporary adjustments to existing lending limits, including credit cards;
• Access term deposits early without incurring any fees for impacted customers; and
• Waive fees associated with replacement of damaged business EFTPOS/credit card terminals.
Affected customers with home and contents insurance may also be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation. ANZ said it will waive life insurance premiums for up to three months for eligible customers.