101Borrowers increasingly slipping into negative equity: Roy Morgan
- ... their loan and the use of interest-only loans,” Mr Morris added. “If home loan rates rise, the problem would be likely to worsen as repayments would increase and house prices decline, with the potential ...
- 16 October 2018 in News
102Mortgage delinquencies highest in Australia’s outer suburbs
- ... to the higher number of investment and interest-only loans among borrowers closest to the CBD. “In Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, arrears rates in suburbs closest to the city centre (within 5 ...
- 11 October 2018 in News
103Pepper Group prices second RMBS issue of 2018
- ... base who invested in both Australian and US dollar notes,” Mr Byrne added. Investment loans represent 57.8 per cent of the portfolio, while interest-only loans account for 47.2 per cent, both of which ...
- 08 October 2018 in News
104Bank CEO calls for ‘clarity’ over expense validation
- ... in FY18. BOQ stated that 61 per cent of its mortgage settlements were for owner-occupied borrowers, with 39 per cent for investors, while interest-only repayments were fixed to 14 per cent of its overall ...
- 05 October 2018 in News
105Bank-aggregator reveals post-merger plans
- ... interest-only loans. Shareholders happy — except Firstmac Moreover, Mr Lyons told Mortgage Business that he’s received positive feedback from shareholders following Goldfields’ merger with Finsure, ...
- 28 September 2018 in News
106AMP to remove SMSF loan product from sale
- ... SuperEdge Loan applications that are lodged before 20 October will be “assessed and reviewed under current policies”. In August of this year, AMP Bank said that it would no longer offer interest-only ...
- 26 September 2018 in News
10713% of investors will ‘struggle’ to repay P&I
- The expiry of the interest-only period is set to place 13 per cent of property investors in financial stress, according to new research. According to a survey of 820 property investors from the Property ...
- 25 September 2018 in News
108Lack of borrower understanding of IO terms ‘concerning’: UBS
- The lack of borrower understanding of interest-only loan terms, especially among owner-occupier households, is “concerning”, a global investment bank has warned. According to UBS’ Australian Banking ...
- 21 September 2018 in News
109CBA withdraws from SMSF lending
- ... include AMP withdrawing its interest-only terms on its SuperEdge SMSF home loan product last month “in response to recent market changes” and as part of the bank’s focus on “managing its portfolio responsibly ...
- 18 September 2018 in News
110Major banks to face multiple court proceedings
- ... Expenditure Measure, coupled with a softening property market and the “maturity of interest-only loans” could “leave thousands in financial ruin, staring at the prospect of bankruptcy”. In a statement ...
- 18 September 2018 in News
111Foreign-backed lender to target ‘orphaned’ borrowers
- ... home loan at a maximum 80 per cent loan-to-value ratio (LVR), on a principal and interest (P&I) or interest-only (IO) basis. The lender also offers an introductory variable rate for a non-resident P&I ...
- 14 September 2018 in News
112Investor and IO loan approvals tumble
- The full brunt of APRA’s macro-prudential caps has been realised in its latest banking statistics, with the regulator reporting drops in investor and interest-only loan approvals of $16.6 billion and $74.4 ...
- 14 September 2018 in News
113RC and PC scrutiny could undermine banks’ pricing power
- ... Risks to asset quality to “remain high” Moody’s has also reported that it expects “problem mortgages” to rise as borrowers transition from paying interest-only to principal and interest, and added ...
- 13 September 2018 in News
114Arrears fall, rate rises unlikely to affect credit quality: Fitch
- ... 18.6 per cent. However, Fitch stated that prepayment rates remained low in the year to 2Q18, off the back of tighter underwriting standards and macro-prudential caps on investor and interest-only lending. ...
- 12 September 2018 in News
115Rate hikes to ‘exacerbate’ housing downturn
- ... now well embedded in a downturn.” Mr Kusher continued: “Tighter credit conditions, higher mortgage rates for investors and interest-only borrowers and reduced affordability have already led to the falls ...
- 10 September 2018 in News
116More majors pull interest rate trigger
- ... the standard variable home loan rate will increase to 5.37 per cent per annum for customers with principal and interest repayments, and 5.92 per cent per annum for customers with interest-only repayments. For ...
- 06 September 2018 in News
117Major bank admits to responsible lending breaches, fined $35m
- ... used a benchmark (the Household Expenditure Measure); and failed to use the higher repayments at the end of the interest-only period when assessing a consumer’s capacity to repay the loan, for home loans ...
- 04 September 2018 in News
118Annual housing credit growth slowest since 2013
- ... harder for investment loans and interest-only loans, and so investors have cooled off the market to some degree, which was the regulator’s intention because the market had gone up so much for the last ...
- 03 September 2018 in News
119Arrears spike to continue as rates rise: S&P
- ... to growth in interest-only lending over recent years, refinancing pressures for some borrowers and the growth in loan offset facilities. S&P added that a slowing in prepayment rates could precipitate ...
- 31 August 2018 in News
120Westpac hikes home loan rates
- ... variable home loan rate for owner-occupiers will increase to 5.97 per cent per annum for customers with interest-only repayments Standard variable residential investment property loan rate will increase ...
- 29 August 2018 in News