121Seasonal change to spark lending ‘uplift’ in ‘buyer’s market’
- ... lenders, lending to investors and owner-occupiers will continue to remain subdued.” Mr Bartolo added: “The 30 per cent cap remains in place for interest-only loans, a product typically used by investors. ...
- 28 August 2018 in News
122AMP drops rates as competition intensifies
- ... from 3.68 per cent, with investor home loans starting from 4.04 per cent and interest-only home loans starting from 4.66 per cent. Over the past month, several lenders — including Commonwealth Bank, ...
- 24 August 2018 in News
123Bank bolsters mortgage portfolio by $2.8bn
- ... with Suncorp reporting investor lending growth of 4 per cent in FY18, well below APRA’s former 10 per cent cap. Additionally, the portion of interest-only loans fell by 6 per cent in FY18, from 28 ...
- 10 August 2018 in News
124CBA confident of lending rebound following $4bn drop
- ... while the share of investor loans settled by the bank declined from 33 per cent to 29 per cent. Interest-only lending fell sharply over FY18, dropping by 18 per cent from 41 per cent of new loans settled ...
- 09 August 2018 in News
125Mortgage delinquencies to rise as IO loans convert to P&I
- Moody’s Investors Service has warned that Australian mortgage delinquencies will rise over the next few years as a record number of interest-only loans are scheduled to convert to principal and interest ...
- 06 August 2018 in News
126Can the housing market and the broader economy cope with higher mortgage rates?
- ... and interest-only borrowers that are being charged higher mortgage rate premiums. It is important to note that owner occupiers remain the biggest source of mortgage demand, accounting for around two ...
- 06 August 2018 in Blogs
127AMP withdraws interest-only SMSF loan ...
- AMP Bank has announced changes to its SMSF loan product, including the withdrawal of its interest-only package and interest rate increases on other variants. AMP Bank has announced that it will no ...
- 03 August 2018 in News
128Property prices falling fast as downturn gathers speed
- ... done the job. Property investors are currently paying a premium of around 60 basis points on their home loans. “Mortgage rate premiums for investment loans remain in place and the limits on interest-only ...
- 02 August 2018 in News
129Investor housing credit falls for the first time since GFC
- ... by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). “It was always going to happen,” Mr Davis said. “The banks and the regulators have been playing a lot harder for investment loans and interest-only ...
- 02 August 2018 in News
130ME’s $500m RMBS receives high ratings
- ... out the mismatch between the interest rates charged on the fixed rate loans, which represent 41.8 per cent of the portfolio. The report further states that interest-only loans account for 6.6 per cent ...
- 27 July 2018 in News
131Personal insolvency rates rise 3 years in row
- ... through decreased spending. The problem could be compounded when borrowers of interest-only home loans are pushed into principal and interest contracts, with the Reserve Bank of Australia warning earlier ...
- 23 July 2018 in News
132Housing price growth ‘unlikely to be replicated’ soon
- ... trend, with Treasurer Scott Morrison praising regulatory controls on investor and interest-only lending, claiming that they’ve helped take the “heat” of the housing market. However, some, including ANZ ...
- 20 July 2018 in News
133Analysis: How LVR limits helped de-risk the NZ mortgage market
- ... in 2012–2014 to 22 per cent for principal and interest (P&I) mortgages, and from around 20 per cent to 16 per cent for interest-only (IO) mortgages. These figures show an overall decline in risk, according ...
- 20 July 2018 in News
134Government and industry weigh in on credit curbs
- ... of Commerce on Monday (16 July), Treasurer Scott Morrison claimed that the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority’s (APRA) caps on investor and interest-only credit growth had the “desired effect” ...
- 18 July 2018 in News
135Removal of ‘redundant’ APRA curb unlikely to trigger rebound
- ... on interest-only lending, more focus on debt-to-income ratios and greater scrutiny of borrower expenses and incomes likely to continue to muffle investment-related credit growth.” CoreLogic’s research ...
- 17 July 2018 in News
136Westpac pulls out of SMSF loans
- ... from principal, interest & fees* (PIF) to interest-only to IO, or any extensions of interest-only terms. A Westpac spokesperson said: “We continually review our products and services to ensure they meet ...
- 16 July 2018 in News
137Opinion: The big questions APRA needs to answer
- ... by the ACCC. Given that APRA’s actions triggered the banks to pull the price lever, what exactly is the relationship between higher interest-only and investor mortgage repayments and a more resilient ...
- 13 July 2018 in News
138Banks ‘slow to respond’ to weak income growth: APRA
- ... interest-only benchmark was from the smaller end of the industry, who said they had no impact on systemic risk,” the chairman said. “They wanted to know why we were applying these measures to them.” ...
- 12 July 2018 in News
139Lending crackdown and further curbs to cap property prices
- ... at face value; however, they now require more proof.” Ms Conisbee also partly attributed the drop in investor activity to the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority’s cap on interest-only loan growth ...
- 11 July 2018 in News
140Major bank launches drought relief package
- ... available to eligible customers include: extension of loan terms, consideration of restructure of loan repayments to interest-only and waiver of all associated extension/restructure fees suspension ...
- 10 July 2018 in News