421Investor lending changes insufficient: Moody’s
- ... said that the increasing proportion of investment and interest-only loans would lead to a weakening of the bank portfolios’ quality. Part of the explanation Moody’s gave is that the investment sector ...
- 27 May 2015 in News
422Borrower vulnerability at ‘unprecedented levels’
- ... o Moody’s. “We view the 2014 and 2015 origination vintages as weakening the quality of bank portfolios,” the agency said. “The increasing proportion of investment and interest-only loans is likely t ...
- 18 May 2015 in News
423RBA stability review expected to flag housing concerns
- ... current strength of investor activity in the housing market, and in its concentration in Sydney and Melbourne,” it said. “The apparent increase in the use of interest-only loans by both owner-occupiers ...
- 24 March 2015 in News
424Accountants voted top referral partners
- ... with. On it were printed the typical loan amount tiers ($0 to $250,000; $250,000 to $500,000 etc) and what the repayments should look like for interest-only and principal-and-interest over 30 years ...
- 17 March 2015 in News
425Analysis: Lack of animal spirit has big banks spooked
- ... with more interest rate cuts ahead,” Mr Oliver said. Last year’s jawboning by the Reserve Bank on investor lending, high LVRs and interest-only mortgages appears to have taken a backseat to more pressing ...
- 18 February 2015 in News
426Sydney property boom won’t stop further rate cuts
- ... its expectations for other elements of lending standards such as interest rate buffers and floors, he said. “ASIC has begun a review of interest-only lending in the context of consumer protection legislation,” ...
- 16 February 2015 in News
427Sydney property bubble to pop when rates rise, says HSBC
- ... attention to’ higher-risk mortgage lending such as higher loan-to-income loans, high loan-to-valuation loans, interest-only loans and loans with long terms; the prudential regulator noting that if banks ...
- 11 February 2015 in News
428ASIC targets first lender in mortgage market probe
- ... and, as part of its focus, announced in December 2014 a surveillance into banks and non-bank lenders' provision of interest-only loans (refer: 14-329MR). The crackdown on responsible lending laws also f ...
- 03 February 2015 in News
429Year in review: Top 10 stories of 2014
- ... of foreign nationals buying existing property in Australia. 4. Regulators announce mortgage market probe APRA and ASIC struck late in the year when they announced an investigation into interest-only ...
- 24 December 2014 in News
430Aussie John welcomes lending investigation
- Aussie founder John Symond has revealed his stance on a widespread investigation into interest-only loans and high LVR lending among Australian banks. Speaking to Mortgage Business, Mr Symond said ...
- 11 December 2014 in News
431Industry split over lending curbs: poll
- ... announced an investigation into mortgage lending, in conjunction with ASIC, which includes a probe into the provision of interest-only loans by Australian lenders. ASIC claims that interest-only loans ...
- 11 December 2014 in News
432Regulators announce mortgage market probe
- APRA and ASIC have announced a widespread investigation into interest-only loans, high LVRs and investor loans in the Australian mortgage market. The prudential regulator has proposed a three-point ...
- 09 December 2014 in News
433RBA report exposes key lending risks
- ... with the incidence of mortgage stress. In addition, the report established that while interest-only loans are less likely to enter arrears, slower repayments mean that an increase in interest-only loans ...
- 27 November 2014 in News
434RBA changes its tune on investor lending
- ... e in the use of interest-only loans by both owner-occupiers and investors might also be consistent with increasingly speculative motives behind current housing demand.” “Accordingly, household credit grow ...
- 20 November 2014 in News
435RBA reveals reasons behind interest-only surge ...
- The Reserve Bank has revealed that an increasing number of owner-occupiers are opting for interest-only loans to increase repayment flexibility. In its Statement of Monetary Policy released Friday, ...
- 10 November 2014 in News
436Keating calls for SMSF lending curbs
- ... its Financial Stability Review last month, the RBA warned the Australian mortgage market is becoming “unbalanced”, saying that an increase in the use of interest-only loans by investors may be consistent ...
- 21 October 2014 in News
437Lender dismisses investor loan hype
- ... nobody wants to live fifty miles out of the CBD,” he said. In recent weeks the RBA has raised concerns about the rise in investor finance, specifically interest-only loans, for properties in Sydney and ...
- 08 October 2014 in News
438RBA close to curbing investor lending
- ... said investor finance is growing at double-digit rates and is now almost half the flow of new approvals. “A lot of this is interest-only lending in an environment of rising house prices, especially in ...
- 29 September 2014 in News
439Lenders on notice over interest-only loans ...
- Australian lenders will be under close watch by the prudential regulator after the Reserve Bank flagged a spike in interest-only loans as a potential risk to the financial system. Yesterday the RBA ...
- 25 September 2014 in News
440Mortgage market becoming ‘unbalanced’, says RBA
- ... in the use of interest-only loans by both owner occupiers and investors might also be consistent with increasingly speculative motives behind current housing demand.” The increasing household appetite ...
- 24 September 2014 in News