421APRA taps banks for more mortgage data
- ... as rental income, treatment of interest-only loans and estimation of living expenses; and • other qualitative measures including meeting responsible lending obligations, monitoring serviceability polic ...
- 25 October 2016 in News
422Housing price growth will “moderate”
- ... Alternatively, some Australian and New Zealand lenders offer mortgages with interest-only type loans over a period of two to five years, with “30 to 40 per cent of mortgages” with this payment set-up. ...
- 28 September 2016 in News
423Apartment glut ‘theme park scary’
- ... surprise” in the next 12 months as lending becomes more expensive and interest-only loan arrangements exacerbate price discrepancies. “Settlements are already taking longer to finalise and we may start ...
- 16 September 2016 in News
424ASIC: Responsible lending in mortgage industry improving
- ... for the purpose of assessing whether an interest-only home loan meets their requirements. Background The findings follow ASIC’s 2015 report into how lenders were meeting their responsible lending obligation ...
- 15 September 2016 in News
425Record decline in value of investor mortgages outstanding
- ... outstanding mortgage balance was $252,100, up from $241,000 as at 30 June 2015. Almost two-fifths of the value of outstanding mortgages (39 per cent) were for interest-only mortgages, which have increased ...
- 05 September 2016 in News
426Rising house prices and debt threaten NZ banking system
- ... y have improved since RBNZ embarked on macroprudential intervention in 2013, “their effect has been narrow as housing-related imbalances continue to build [including the increasing use of interest-only loans ...
- 30 August 2016 in News
427Lender sees billion-dollar settlement spike ahead of merger
- ... investment loan and interest-only products, historically low interest rates, and strong refinancing activity across all major states. “Homeloans’ unique funding position, diversity of products and investment ...
- 22 August 2016 in News
428Australian investors hit hard as lending landscape changes
- ... investors to qualify for a loan, while others have modified their pricing by lifting their interest-only home loan rates,” he said. The Investor Survey also shows that 51.5 per cent of Australians believe ...
- 19 July 2016 in News
429Two lenders reduce rates
- ... cent for principal-and-interest loans (with a 4.17 per cent comparison rate) and 4.09 per cent for interest-only loans (with a 4.54 per cent comparison rate). For investors, the rate will start at 4.14 ...
- 14 July 2016 in News
430ANZ announces lending changes
- ... om 2.75 per cent to 2.25 per cent for all ANZ facilities and OFI Home Loan facilities. There will be no change to the current interest rate floor. ANZ also announced changes to its interest-only rene ...
- 31 March 2016 in News
431Lenders announce rate cuts
- ... a maximum LVR of 90 per cent. Meanwhile, Advantedge Financial Services has reduced rates across its interest-only loans for investors and owner occupiers under the brands of its white-label aggregatio ...
- 09 March 2016 in News
432Lending curbs having ‘dramatic impact’ on property market
- ... housing. “The decision by many lenders to raise interest rates for investment and interest-only loans as well as revising their borrowing conditions has certainly been effective in deterring investors,” ...
- 14 December 2015 in News
433RMBS and ABS defaults to rise, covered bonds strong
- ... and interest-only loans, as well as mortgages originated during a period of low interest rates and rapidly rising house prices. “We also expect more RMBS deals to reduce their dependence on lenders mortgage ...
- 07 December 2015 in News
434APRA figures point to surge in interest-only loans ...
- As ASIC prepares a further investigation into interest-only loans, new APRA figures reveal an increase in the number of new interest-only loans written over the year to September. Released yesterday, ...
- 25 November 2015 in News
435Bank chief defends rate hike following record profit
- ... to grow market share in mortgages and small business,” Mr Smith said. ANZ saw a slight increase in interest-only mortgages, which now account for 37 per cent of the group’s home loan book, up from 3 ...
- 30 October 2015 in News
436NAB's investor loan growth falls sharply
- ... initiatives and recent interest-only and line-of-credit repricing. The group said owner-occupier volumes have also been impacted by regulatory pressures, but applications are showing recent improvement. ...
- 29 October 2015 in News
437Regulators ‘alert’ to non-bank investor lending
- ... standard underwriting criteria of banks), and their RMBS have a higher average LVR and a larger share of low documentation loans and interest-only loans.” Mortgage brokers have already started lookin ...
- 22 October 2015 in News
438Investor curbs positive for RMBS: Moody’s
- ... for interest-only loans, she said, and therefore prepay their loans more slowly, if at all, than owner-occupiers and build equity at a slower rate. “In addition, investment borrowers may rely on the ...
- 07 October 2015 in News
439Almost 1 in 10 loans would fail underwriting standards: report
- ... DFA Household Finance Confidence index. The modelling assumed that, as a result of regulatory changes, all mortgages written today will be assessed on a serviceability hurdle rate of 7.5 per cent, interest-only ...
- 23 September 2015 in News
440Macquarie to launch new products
- ... Macquarie announced a number of credit policy changes last month, including SMSF interest-only loans with a maximum LVR of 70 per cent, net assets requirements for SMSFs and requirements for refinanc ...
- 17 September 2015 in News